The Aim Of The Game
In craps, players bet on the outcome of a roll of two 6-sided dice.
In each round, the players around the table roll the dice one after the other in a clockwise direction.
To be able to be invited to roll the dice, you must at least place a bet.
How To Play A Game Of Craps
When the dice are immobilized in the center of the table, players can place their bets on “Pass” or “Don’t Pass”.
The first thrower then selects his dice and bounces them against the opposite edge of the table.
First Step : The “Come Out Roll”, 3 Possible Situations:
- 2, 3 or 12: This is Craps and the thrower does not pass.
- 7 or 11: Caster pass and can repeat the 1 th step by raising the dice.
- 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10: a Point is established, the Croupier then places a marker on the corresponding number and the thrower must then re-roll the dice for the second step.
Second Step :
- the thrower lands on the point which allowed him to pass to the 2 nd step: he passes and repeats this 2 nd step again.
- 7: the thrower does not pass and the dice go to the next thrower.
- Other: the thrower re-rolls the dice until he obtains the Point or a 7.
The Game Table
- Classic Bets
At the start of a new round, the thrower chooses the type of bet he wants to make. For the 1st throw, there are 2 types of bet:
– the “pass” bet to bet on the fact that the thrower will pass the stage.
– the “don’t pass” bet if you think that the launcher will not pass the stage.
If a point has been established, players can make 2 new additional bets for the next roll. These bets are in addition to the initial pass bet which remains in play.
- Bet Come
Win with 7 or 11 and lose with 2, 3 and 12.
Other: no loss or gain until the next throw.
- Don’t Come Bet:
-Win with 2, 3 or 12 and lose with 2, 3 and 12
-Other: no loss or gain until the next throw.
Other Bets Which Can Be Placed At Any Time In The Game
- Field Bet
This is a bet played on a single roll of the dice. You win if the number is 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 or 12, and lose if it is a 5, 6, 7 or 8.
- Single-Roll Bet
A bet that is played on a single roll of the dice, usually located in the center of the game mat.
- Craps Bet
Bet on the combination 2, 3 or 12
- Bets Placed
Bets placed on a number that becomes a winner if it comes out before the 7th.
- Buy Bet
Similar to the bet placed except that the casino pays the winners at actual odds and takes a 5% commission.
- Hardway Bet
Bet on a number formed by a pair. Thus, betting on 8 is equivalent to betting on the pair of 4s.